shortcut keys

Lorenzo Taylor daxlinux at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 00:40:23 UTC 2007

Hi,
Is it at all possible to map a shortcut key to an arbitrary program in
Gutsy? I have looked at the keyboard shortcuts in the preferences menu,
but it only offers a limited number of possibilities. I also checked out
the launcher properties, but there seems to be no way to add a shortcut
key to a launcher. Am I missing something, or is there just no way to
map a keyboard shortcut to an arbitrary launcher other than the small
number of shortcuts available in the gconf editor?

Thanks for any help,
Lorenzo