Which notebook?

Justin Gruenberg justin.gruenberg at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 18:53:07 UTC 2007

On 10/20/07, Matthew Momjian <matthew at momjian.us> wrote:

> I have a ThinkPad T60p and a T43, and both work great.  You can get them
> for about $600 on eBay from ibmfactoryoutlet, and they come with a 2year
> warranty ususlly.
>
> Matthew

Thinkpads are a solid choice.  They're built sturdy and take abuse
well.  The first time you take a look at Thinkpad, it doesn't look so
great--but they do grow on you.

I'm running a T40 right now which is plenty speedy to run Ubuntu.
Right now a T40 goes for about $300 on eBay, but you might need to
invest in a new battery.  Ubuntu supports everything on it right out
of the box.