Ubuntu-Rescue-Remix 7.10 is out

Andrew Zajac arzajac at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 14:19:08 UTC 2007

Hello everyone.  The I just released the latest version of
Ubuntu-rescue-remix.  7.10 is the fastest and most stable release yet.

Formerly known as Rescubuntu, the Rescue-Remix is a data-recovery
toolkit. It includes all the command-line goodness you need to recover
lost/deleted/corrupted data from an otherwise hopeless situation.

Get it here:
http://www.ubuntu-rescue-remix.org/

Join the crickets, I mean join the development discussion here:
http://www.ubuntu-rescue-remix.org/forum
Any and all help is appreciated.

As well, discuss data recovery techniques or ask for data recovery help here:
http://ubuntu-rescue-remix.org/forum/1

AZ

About the Rescue-Remix:
Ubuntu Rescue Remix is a GNU/Linux live cd that provides the data
recovery expert with a command-line interface environment equipped
with the best free-libre, open source data recovery and forensics
tools available.

Since Ubuntu uses many filesystem and hardware detection libraries in
its live cd, it makes sense to make a remix of the live cd for data
recovery use.