Changing Language to French, Lose Sound?

Kent Borg kentborg at borg.org
Fri Oct 19 23:38:19 UTC 2007

I am running 7.10, using a home directory I kept from 7.04 (I can still
boot back, import to not abandon the old until the new is working).

I decided to get all clever and switch languages to French (maybe I'll
learn something).

No sound.  Rhythmbox and xmms and the Sound Preferences control panel
all complain.  Not exactly sure about the complaint, but I think they
couldn't open the device.

Why would sound quit when I switch languages?

Thanks,

-kb, the Kent who switched back to English and is happily listening to
music as he types this.