openssh-sever missing in gutsy?

Josef Wolf jw at raven.inka.de
Fri Oct 19 19:01:11 UTC 2007

On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 10:18:29PM +0400, Akshay Lamba wrote:
> Josef Wolf wrote:
> > I have just installed the final gutsy release.  When I do
> >
> >    apt-get install openssh-server
> >
> > I get the error message that this package has no installation candidate.
> > Strange, a couple of days ago I installed gutsy rc, and openssh-server
> > could be installed without problems..
> Do you have all your repo's setup? I had the same problem this morning,
> check the repos you've enabled in synaptic.

Thanks for your quick response, Akshay.

I have done exactly the same modifications to 7.10rc as to the 7.10final.
I know for sure since the modifications are done with a script.

The modifications are:
 - remove the cdrom source after installation.
 - add restricted, universe and security repositories.  This is done via
   preseeding:

     d-i apt-setup/restricted boolean true
     d-i apt-setup/universe boolean true
     d-i apt-setup/security_host string security.ubuntu.com