The way to manage many ubuntu desktops.

aries aries1998 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 16:11:47 UTC 2007

Hi:
    we have about 40s centos desktop , and we'll change them to ubuntu gutsy
very soon . So i wanna know is there a open-source solution for manage many
ubuntu desktops.The main object is to keep all the desktop environment
exactly the same.

It's just like the update-manager behaves, detect some changes , and then do
the corresponding task (mostly shell scripts ).

For now i just write a simple script for the desktop ,it check the script on
the server through  crond  , comparing it with the local one , if there's
difference , do the differ-part. The weak is that the script on the server
will become very large to maintain.