cant start apache2

dave selby dave6502 at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 17 20:34:11 UTC 2007

> ps ax | grep httpd

root at dave-desktop:/etc/apache2# ps ax | grep httpd
10220 pts/2    R+     0:00 grep httpd
root at dave-desktop:/etc/apache2#

:(

In desperation I just

aptitude reinstall apache2-mpm-prefork apache2 apache2-utils
libapache2-mod-php5 libapr1 libaprutil1 apache2.2-common

ie all the apache packages that I have installed,  its still broke but
I now get ...

  root at dave-desktop:/etc/apache2#
root at dave-desktop:/etc/apache2# /etc/init.d/apache2 start
 * Starting web server (apache2)...

                                                            apache2:
Could not open configuration file /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: No such
file or directory

                                                     [fail]
root at dave-desktop:/etc/apache2# ls /etc/apache2/
conf.d  httpd.conf  mods-available  mods-enabled  ports.conf
sites-available  sites-enabled
root at dave-desktop:/etc/apache2#
root at dave-desktop:/etc/apache2#

Now I would thought that one of the 'reinstalls' would have generated
apache2.conf but apparently not. Still b0rked

Dave