NFS mounting under Gutsy

Gabriel Dragffy gabe at dragffy.com
Wed Oct 17 10:59:31 UTC 2007

Hi all

I'm trying to mount an NFS share from Guty server into another...

sudo mount 192.168.1.250:/home/shared /media/shared/
[sudo] password for users:
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on 192.168.1.250:/
home/shared,
        dmesg | tail  or so

I always get this wrong FS type. This computer that I am trying to
mount in to was running FreeBSD yesterday and had the NFS share
mounted perfectly, I got annoyed with FreeBSD and install Gutsy
server. Seems OK, but can't mount the NFS share. Any ideas please?

Many thanks

Gabriel