GuTSy is slow!

Joel Bryan Juliano joelbryan.juliano at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 04:38:29 UTC 2007

On 10/17/07, Mario Vukelic <mario.vukelic at dantian.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 15:20 -0300, Derek Broughton wrote:
> > I begin to wonder.  I use it because it has a better release cycle than
> > Debian, but I've never been happy with its choices of applications that
> > just _have_ to have running.
>
> You don't _have to. Disabling compiz is like, what, 3 clicks? And
> tracker is 3 more?

Speaking of Tracker, I'm just concerned, as a Beagle user,
there's a sudden getting-used-to-overhead regarding it's GUI.
Because it looks like an RSS Reader or Gnome App Install...
I know it's a desktop search, but imagine that you have 2 or 3
open applications that looks the same...

Is it really good to make every applications to look this way?

For a change, can it look like this -->
http://www.geekgirls.com/images/copernic.jpg

--
"object-oriented programming is really just a common sense extension of
structured programming" - Roger Sessions