Gusty is slow!

Felipe Figueiredo philsf79 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 02:29:51 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 16 October 2007 22:06:22 NoOp wrote:

[...]
>I hope that trackerd et al is held back. Eventually it
> may be a good thing, but IMHO it's a bloat that isn't worth it. Like
> beagle and the others, it should *only* be available as a package in the
> repos for those that want to install it. It's a nice add-on for those
> that want it, but I don't see that it serves any useful purpoese as a

Maybe it could come installed, but disabled, and offer itself as an
improvement when a search was done. Even so, it shouldn't be so simplistic as
to run with nice 19.

I don't know how google does it, but here it was somewhat the solution for my
indexing needs - not ideal, but definitely not cpu-greedy, and not so
storage-greedy.

Before google, I tried beagle, but after not enjoying the fan noise, and the
wasted 3GB in my ~/.beagle, I decided it was not ready for my personal taste.
Judging from the comments, I guess tracker get's the same grade: unpolite.

regards
FF