tilda crashes on xfce4

Jimmy Wu jimmywu013+ubuntu-user-list at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 01:23:40 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have a default Ubuntu install, with xfce4 package added on later.  Tilda
works in a gnome session, but doesn't in an xfce4 session.  In xfce4, I can
see it start up - flash and disappear, same as in gnome b/c I have it set to
start hidden.  Then it goes away and doesn't come back.
Starting it from a terminal window, I see these messages

jimmy at jimmy-desktop:~$ tilda
The program 'tilda' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)'.
  (Details: serial 11 error_code 10 request_code 33 minor_code 0)

Is this really a programming bug?  Anyone else have similar problems?  What
can I do to fix it / replace it in the meantime?

Thanks,

Jimmy

--
Registered Linux User #454138