Upgraded to gutsy, now DVD playback issues

Albert Charron albert at albertcharron.name
Tue Oct 16 15:03:15 UTC 2007

Steve Flynn wrote:
> On 16/10/2007, *Albert Charron* <albert at albertcharron.name
> <mailto:albert at albertcharron.name>> wrote:
>

>     The video card is an ATI x1600Pro (AGP edition) with 256Mb of RAM, the
>     CPU is an AMD Athlon XP 3000+ and the system has 2Gb of RAM.
>
>     The DVDs are still working perfectly under Doze...
>
> Are you running with the proprietary drivers? Tried using the standard
> drivers and do you get the same issue?
>
> Do normal AVI's exhibit the same skipping or is it just DVD's?
>
> --
> Steve
> When 1 person suffers from a delusion it is insanity. When many people
> suffer from a delusion it is called Religion.
>
> 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
Ok.  Let's start...

The driver I'm using is the fglrx that is in the repos. I tried other
configs (drivers ati and radeon), but then, X doesn't even start (goes
to failsafe).

As for AVI, I'll try to find one and I'll try that.

  Albert Charron
  Linux Counter member #157482
  Registered computers: 195048, 361906