Gusty is slow!

Kristian Rink kristian at zimmer428.net
Tue Oct 16 14:01:25 UTC 2007

Am Mon, 15 Oct 2007 21:51:10 +0200
schrieb Alfred JILKA <alfred.jilka at chello.at>:

> Maybe a problem with the video-driver ?
> Just my EUR.02

Maybe as well a problem of way too many background processes up and
running? I have found gutsy to feel way more performant after dumping
tracker, network-manager, update-notifier and a bunch of other things.
Surely all these applications actually do mean something and are of
good use if you want this sort of features, but they also (especially
tracker) notably seem to slow things down...

So much for my EUR0.02 , as well. Hardware, by the way, is a Toshiba
Tecra A8, 2 gig RAM, Core 2 cpu @ 2GHz.

Cheers,
Kristian

--