Network Manager in Gusty

Hugo Heden hugoheden at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 13:07:58 UTC 2007

On 10/16/07, Joao Inacio <jcinacio at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/16/07, Nils <n.bruenggel at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > I have an Intel(r) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG and use it with Gutsy. So far
> > I did not have any problems when using WPA Personal at home with it.
> > However at school we have WPA enterprise and I have quite a lot of
> > problems. (which are relate to Network Manger I think)
> >
> > I can choose the SSID in the NetworkManager menu and then it connects.
> > Then I'm asked for username and password and can enter them. After
> > some minutes it disconnects and then maybe connects again. But then
> > I'm asked a second time for username and password (I thought they are
> > stored in the gnome keyring..) Sometimes I'm able to reconnect if I
> > enter username/passwd again, but sometimes it also just works after a
> > reboot. I did not try to configure wpa_supplicant manually because of
> > the lack of time and motivation.
> >
> > Did anybody experience similar problems? Shall I report a bug, what
> > information would the Ubuntu devs need to do something about it?

There is a similar question currently being asked on the
NetworkManager mailing list, see

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/networkmanager-list/2007-October/msg00058.html

Do you think it's the same issue? (Is your syslog similar to that
posters'?) In that case, keep an eye on that thread.

> > Also as far as I know Gutsy will be shipped in a few weeks, I hope
> > that such basic stuff then works in the final release..

Hmm, it'll be shipped this week I think.

Best regards

Hugo Heden