Network Manager in Gusty

Nils n.bruenggel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 09:46:25 UTC 2007

Hi all

I have an Intel(r) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG and use it with Gutsy. So far
I did not have any problems when using WPA Personal at home with it.
However at school we have WPA enterprise and I have quite a lot of
problems. (which are relate to Network Manger I think)

I can choose the SSID in the NetworkManager menu and then it connects.
Then I'm asked for username and password and can enter them. After
some minutes it disconnects and then maybe connects again. But then
I'm asked a second time for username and password (I thought they are
stored in the gnome keyring..) Sometimes I'm able to reconnect if I
enter username/passwd again, but sometimes it also just works after a
reboot. I did not try to configure wpa_supplicant manually because of
the lack of time and motivation.

Did anybody experience similar problems? Shall I report a bug, what
information would the Ubuntu devs need to do something about it?

Also as far as I know Gutsy will be shipped in a few weeks, I hope
that such basic stuff then works in the final release..

Nils