Gusty is slow!

Paul Thompson ubantu001 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 22:20:45 UTC 2007

Yes, I have been useing Beryl et al but have now turned all the
effects off and gone back to the "plain desktop" that has indeed
speeded up things but Gusty is still not as fast as Feisty for me. The
desktop effects while pretty and amuseing at first, enventurly just
became annoying and they do nothing for productivity. But nice for
showing off to the windows foke.

Also W2K under VMWare workstation 6 starts and shuts down much more slowly