Connecting TWO PCs under (Ed)ubuntu Desktop 7.04

Njoku, George O. njokug at winthrop.edu
Mon Oct 15 17:19:47 UTC 2007

Using a cross-over cable = direct connection b/w both boxes
Using straight thru cable = putting a hub or switch b/w the two boxes

Linux IP = local IP address = e.g 192.168.1.2
Windows IP = local IP = e.g 192.168.1.3

Install samba on Edubuntu (to share directories in linux)
Share a Folder or Directory in Windows

Use smbclient to connect from linux to windows
Or, Use "\\linuxmachine" from windows browser to connect to Linux machine

Cheers
George