gnome deaths temporarily

Steve Flynn anothermindbomb at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 15:21:32 UTC 2007

On 15/10/2007, Leonardo Crochik <crochik at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've discovered that the crash problem I have is, as a matter of fact,
> temporary: the computer stays incomunicable for several minutes but, after
> that, it returns (without any message). I have already tried to create a new
> user and starts gnome with this user, but the problem continues. Please,
> someone have any idea of what can I do? Thanks,

I did look at your previous post about your machine restarting itself but
unfortunately there appeared to be nothing in the syslog to give any clues
as to what was causing the restart. Everything was quiet (and looked normal)
until syslogd announced a restart.

Could you post entire messages.log, debug.log and syslog (compress them
first if you can) and we'll try to work out what is going on.

I'm reading your post as "the machine starts, hangs for a few minutes where
it is completely unresponsive. It does NOT reboot - it actually allows me to
log in". Is that correct?

--
Steve
When 1 person suffers from a delusion it is insanity. When many people

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0