Opera okay or not so good?

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Mon Oct 15 14:54:06 UTC 2007

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 08:07:58 -0500
"Cybe R. Wizard" <cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Peter Garrett <peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au>  said:
> > On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 16:24:51 -0500
> > "Cybe R. Wizard" <cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net> wrote:
> >
> > > The feature I like most in Opera is that it will remember those tabs
> > > between sessions.
> >
> > You realise that Firefox now does this too, right?
> > ...and you don't have to deliberately crash it, either :)
> >
> > Menu - Edit - Preferences - Main - "When Firefox starts: Show my
> > windows and tabs from last time"
> >
> If that is now the case it will make FF almost usable!
> I hope you don't mind if I check it for myself.
> <checks>
> Well, that was instructive!  I opened a FF window, told it to show
> windows and tabs from last time, opened two windows and several tabs in
> each, closed one then the other.  Upon re-opening only one window and
> the associated tabs appeared.  Maybe, for multiple windows, one /does/
> have to deliberately crash it?
> <checks>
> Yep, works just like Opera in that respect; it must be crashed to keep
> multiple windows between sessions.

Try (menu) > File -> Quit

I just did it here, and the two windows ( one with 18 tabs) opened back up
fine.

I think the issue here is that clicking the window close button does not
fully exit the browser only the current window, so naturally it opens only
the last instance closed, with tabs intact.  "File-Quit" on the other hand,
quits the entire program.

I may be wrong, but it seems to work as above...  give it a try.

 --
Peter Garrett <peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au>