Kubuntu (Gutsy) First Impression

Tim M southern.tim at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 12:51:30 UTC 2007

On 10/14/07, Joel Bryan Juliano <joelbryan.juliano at gmail.com> wrote:

> la la la la la la chicken chicken!
> Yes, Gutsy is really slow..
>
> On 10/14/07, Anthony Gardner <cyclewood_ltd at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > Firstly, Thanks Canonical for this release.
> >
> > Secondly, The refresh of the GUI is very, very, very slow.
> >
> > Is anyone else experiencing the same problems?
> >
> > CIA
> >
> > -Ants

I installed Gutsy on my Dell laptop to see if I could get better screen
resolution (somewhat better) and get rid of the problems I was having with
my wireless card. Both are better in Gutsy. I haven't noted it being slower
or did I have any trouble reaching my network. I am having problems with the
system fan. I am not about to update this desktop system quite yet. Oh on
the GUI I really really really hate it switching between workspaces. With a
mouse it might not be a problem but on a laptop it is. When I can figure out
the fan situation I might look at the settings involved with switching
between workspaces but I am afraid I am going to burn out the processor so
until I get that fixed I am going to switch back to my XP hard drive on the
laptop. So all and all I have mixed feelings about the Gutsy.

Tim

tim