Opera okay or not so good?

Cybe R. Wizard cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 14 21:24:51 UTC 2007

"Scott (angrykeyboarder)" <geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com>  said:
> Brandon Blackwell spake thusly on 201727656 ::
> > I use opera about once a week, normally whenever I'm mad at
> > firefox. I like it as a browser. It has a lot of things built in
> > that I use extensions for in firefox but the thing that keeps me
> > from it is that it doesn't handle having a multitude of tabs open
> > at a time very well compared to firefox. And I easy have upwards of
> > 200 tabs open.
>
> *two* *hundred* tabs open?

I'm not that bad but ofter have thirty or forty open at once after
perusing Yahoo! news and Google news, opening background tabs as I go.
The feature I like most in Opera is that it will remember those tabs
between sessions.  Even if you have several browser windows open with
lots of tabs in each the status is saved if Opera or X crashes.  Normal
shutdown doesn't allow this, so if I have several windows open and want
to save that situation, I merely force Opera to shutdown.  Reopening,
voila!  Everything is still there.  I'm quite fond of the speed dial
page, too.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Nice computers don't go down.