beagle (indexing)

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Sat Oct 13 00:36:00 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 00:13 -0400, Richard wrote:
> kerry/beagle is not index all files... example:
> Name: Akregator
> Count: 0
> Indexing: No
>
> Now, I have thousands of rss feeds listed in Akregator,
> how come beagle is not indexing them?
>

> Regards -
> Richard

I am not an expert on kerry/beagle, and if my information is wrong,
perhaps someone more knowledgeable will jump right in here, please.

The ubuntu wiki information for kerry/beagle is:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Beagle . I have not used beagle in a
very long time, since it would not index files when I wanted, and was
quite slow. I think you need to go in to System -> Preferences -> Search
& Indexing, and set things so that the rss feeds are included in the
indexes. Perhaps the beagle web site would also be helpful, since it has
more information than the ubuntu wiki on setting up your own indexes.
This is the link to the part on indexes:
http://beagle-project.org/Indexing_Data

Good luck.

--
Charlie Kravetz