AHA-29160 in SPARC-Server

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 13:08:39 UTC 2007

On 12/10/2007, Mischa Simon <MSLK at gmx.de> wrote:
> mischa at zeus:~$ modprobe aic79xx
> mischa at zeus:~$ modprobe aic7xxx
> FATAL: Module aic7xxx not found.
> mischa at zeus:~$
>
> is everything I get. :-(

I think this is an annoying example of the "no news is good news" UNIX
principle.

It looks to me a little like the first of those 2 modules did, in
fact, load, but you got no output, which is perfectly normal.

Try rebooting the machine and then typing "dmesg". Then load the
module and then type "dmesg" again. You might see the new board
detected at the end of the list.

Or, alternavely, try listing disks or modules, as per others'
suggestions, /after/ running "insmod" or "modprobe".

Does the machine appear to be booting up correctly from the new disk?
Or are you running these commands from a shell from the boot CD?

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com
AOL/AIM/iChat: liamproven at aol.com • MSN/Messenger: lproven at hotmail.com
Yahoo: liamproven at yahoo.co.uk • Skype: liamproven • ICQ: 73187508