AHA-29160 in SPARC-Server

Jonathan Hirschman jonathan at hirschman.net
Thu Oct 11 19:36:35 UTC 2007

Mischa Simon wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I bought a used Sun Enterprise 250 and installed my Adaptec AHA-29160 as
> second SCSI card and installed Ubuntu 7.04 for Sparc on drive0
> (/dev/sda) attached to the first (internal) SCSI device.
>

> but there should be two more Seagate hdds present (attached to the
> AHA-29160).
>
> How can I tell my ubuntu that there is a second scsi card installed and
> load the driver and the drives?

Is the correct (or any) driver module loaded?

Try:

lsmod | grep aic

Anything loaded? What happens if you try one of the aic drivers
(aic7xxx, aic79xx)?

If that works, you just need to put the proper entries in /etc/modules.

If that doesn't work, is it possible that the card is not initializing
correctly due to the fact that it is placed in a non-x86 box and the
BIOS isn't used? I'm just guessing with that, i have no experience with
Sparc based stuff.

jh