Clamav out of date

Tim Frost timfrost at xtra.co.nz
Thu Oct 11 06:41:20 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-10 at 16:39 +0100, Andrew Glen-Young wrote:
> On 10/10/2007, Brian Fahrlander <brian at fahrlander.net> wrote:
> > >
> > > For this reason I am sorry I installed Ubuntu instead of Debian and would not
> > > recommend Ubuntu for mail servers.  The Debian volatile repository is not
> > > compatible with Ubuntu/clamav due to dependency issues.
> >
> >      Yeah, I have several of these units in the field; I cringe when the
> > clients see it, so far behind. (Epecially when the one Fedora box I have
> > left....FC4, fer cryin' out loud, is more up to date.)
>
> It seems to me to be a little extreme to dump a distro because one
> package is not up to date.

Especially as this affects *dapper* only

I have feisty, and  with the backports repository enabled, I get
~$ clamscan -V
ClamAV 0.91.1/4528/Thu Oct 11 18:04:31 2007

'apt-cache policy clamav' reports the following versions for feisty:
     0.91.1-1ubuntu3~feisty1 in feisty-backports/universe
     0.90.2-0ubuntu1.4 in  feisty-updates/universe and
feisty-security/universe
     0.90.2-0ubuntu1 in feisty/universe

Which indicates that version  0.91.1 has been backported to feisty.

I don't have access to a system running dapper, with the backports
repository enabled, so can't currently comment on which versions are
available for dapper, but assume that the LTS policy of not making major
version updates is applicable to this case.

Tim