Booting Ubuntu 7.04

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 10 21:31:38 UTC 2007

On 10/10/2007 12:00 PM, Karlo Prstac wrote:

> Ok,I press F4 and set the resoulution to 1280x1024x32 bit,and ti set in
> the boot options acpi=off.
> And then i press CTRL+ALT+F1,and this turns out:
>
> udevd-event[2111]: run_program: '/sbin/modprobe' abnormal exit
>
> Busy Box v1.1.3
> /bin/sh:can't access tty

Looks like whoever you bought the CD from may have sent you an old beta
CD as this bug seems to mirror your problem:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.20/+bug/95533

Two questions:

1. What type of system (model, processor, memory, etc)?

What type of computer do you have?
Standard personal computer (x86 architecture, PentiumTM, CeleronTM,
AthlonTM, SempronTM) 64bit AMD and Intel computers Sun UltraSPARC based

2. Do you have the ability to download the Feisty .iso and burn to a CD?
If so, please download & burn both of these:

Live CD - http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download
Alternate CD - same page but check the Alternate CD box

You may find this helpful:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BurningIsoHowto

Also, since you are doing a fresh install, you might want to consider
just going straight to Gutsy given that Gutsy will be released later
this month. That will save you the pain of doing a Feisty > Gutsy
upgrade later.  You can download the Gutsy .iso's here:

http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/gutsybeta

Opps... just found that the link on there results in:
====
Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon) Beta

The beta images have been removed to make space on mirrors for the
upcoming release candidate. Please check back soon.
====

So go here instead:
http://us.releases.ubuntu.com/7.10/
You want the Desktop CD and the Alternate install CD

Make sure that you get the versions that pertain to your system/cpu.