Packag in universe: slimserver

Bjørn Haagensen bh at cs.aau.dk
Mon Oct 8 18:23:32 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm wondering about the Slimserver package in universe. For those who do
not know the Squeezebox is a streaming audio device made by Slimdevices
[1]. The server software is GPL software and there is a package in
universe. But the version in universe is several years old, and I think
it is fair to say that it is not really supported by Slimdevices
anymore. There has been several stable releases since the version in
universe. Also almost all users use a newer version provided by
Slimdevices.

I was wondering whether it would be possible to get a more updated
version into the Ubuntu repositories ? The server is written in Perl,
and almost all dependencies are already in the Ubuntu repositories. I
think a few Perl libraries might be missing, they are currently hosted
by the Slimdevices repository.

Any thought on this ?

Regards Bjørn