I want to buy a laptop compatible with Linux

Justin Gruenberg justin.gruenberg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 16:49:06 UTC 2007

On 10/8/07, (``-_-´´) -- Fernando <Ubuntu at bugabundo.net> wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 October 2007 04:24:00 didier mariño wrote:
> > Hello Friends,
> > What do you think about the following structure:
> > Optical device: CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo 24X/24X/24X/8X
> > Max, Ultrabay Slim
>
> <snip>
> I wouldnt buy a laptop that only has a combo drive. It should at least have a DVDRW

You can always picked up a lightly used one on eBay for cheap.

I didn't catch the beginning of the thread, but it looks like you're
looking at a thinkpad.  I'm running Feisty on a T40, and most
everything works out of the box.  I switched to the radeon driver, and
if you have a mini PCI card installed for wireless, that may take some
work (don't have one, so.. couldn't tell you first hand).  Thinkpads
are some pretty solid laptops--I'd highly recommend them.