Leaving "recovery mode"

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Sat Oct 6 15:00:05 UTC 2007

Pete Holsberg wrote:

> Derek Broughton pounded out the following on his or her keyboard on
>> It works, of course, because "exit" just lets you continue the boot
>> process where it was temporarily suspended.
>
> Ah, that's GOOD! :-)
>
>> In fact, there was a recent thread
>> about how to actually _force_ a reboot at this point - and afaik, you
>> can't.
>>
> OK. How about C-A-D?

Beats me - I almost never boot (I hibernate my laptop) and never have used
C-A-D to reboot.  I would think not, though - the problem the poster was
having was that as soon as exiting the single-user shell, the system would
go to runlevel 2 - even if he exited using "init 0" or "init 6".
Ctrl-alt-del (if set to reboot) would just do "init 6", I would expect.
--
derek