getting Ubuntu to work with comp

Haneef Bashir darkfena313 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 14:58:35 UTC 2007

On 10/6/07, Mario Vukelic <mario.vukelic at dantian.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 2007-10-06 at 15:45 +0300, Haneef Bashir wrote:
> > the install cd that I used is a little over a couple months old
>
> 6.06 (Dapper) or 7.04 (Feisty)?
>
> 7.04 Feisty. also i tried booting from a hardrive that had a more up to
> date version of Ubuntu Feisty ( approximatly 2 weeks old). something
> different happened. it reads the fallowing:

*Starting Common Unix Printing System: cupsd
*Starting HP Linux Printing and Imaging System
WARNING: Dazuko module is not loaded, please insmod
*Starting avgd ...

-this is fallowed by some more info then the screan changes and says the
fallowing:

starting up ...
kinit: name_to_dev_t(/dev/disk/by-uuid/097d54cb-b7ac-49c5-8fad-f7b6bebfa5c3)
= h
dd7(22,71)
kinit: trying to resume from
/dev/disk/by-uuid/097d54cb-b7ac-49c5-8fad-f7b6bebfa5c3

kinit: no resume image, doing normal boot...
ubuntu 7.04 darkfena313 tty1
darkfena313 login:
-then this screan changes showing the fallowing:
failed to start the x server (your graphical
interface). it is likely that it is not set
up correctly. would you like to view the x server