Leaving "recovery mode"

Pete Holsberg pjh42 at pobox.com
Sat Oct 6 03:13:19 UTC 2007

nad pounded out the following on his or her keyboard on 10/5/2007 8:25 PM:
> PH> I like recovery mode because it shows me what's going on during
> PH> booting  (and in a nice typeface and screen resolution! how can I
> PH> get these for  my console?).
> PH>
> PH> But I don't know what command will take me to "regular mode". Will
> PH> someone please tell me? Thx
> PH>
> It's not really necessary, if you want to see the detailed progress,
> then just hit Ctrl-Alt-F1 when the (K)Ubuntu graphical progress screen
> shows. I think there is also a grub option to disable the graphical
> progress monitor (or yaboot for PPC).

I don't get a graphical progress screen. The screen is dark until the
splash screen appears.

--
Pete Holsberg
Columbus, NJ

He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a
question remains a fool forever.
- Chinese Proverb