Leaving "recovery mode"

Pete Holsberg pjh42 at pobox.com
Fri Oct 5 23:40:05 UTC 2007

Derek Broughton pounded out the following on his or her keyboard on
10/5/2007 5:36 PM:
> Pete Holsberg wrote:
>

>> Andrew Zajac pounded out the following on his or her keyboard on
>> 10/5/2007 4:32 PM:
>>
>>> Recovery mode is runlevel 1.   To get to Desktop mode go to runlevel 2.
>>>
>>> init 2
>>>
>>> Likewise, to go from the desktop to recovery mode, run
>>>
>>> sudo init 1
>>>

>> Bless you!!
>>

> Does that even work now that we're using upstart?

We are? Yes, it worked.
> It's certainly not _right_.  Runlevel 2 begins as soon as you exit the single-user shell.

Ah, but how do you exit the single-user shell, by typing "exit"?

--
Pete Holsberg
Columbus, NJ

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the
few who are rich...
-- John F. Kennedy