Command Line Interfaces

Pete Holsberg pjh42 at pobox.com
Fri Oct 5 20:53:41 UTC 2007

Mario Vukelic pounded out the following on his or her keyboard on
10/5/2007 4:19 PM:
--
Pete Holsberg
Columbus, NJ

Treat everyone the way you want to be treated...
> On Fri, 2007-10-05 at 16:06 -0400, Pete Holsberg wrote:
>> I have an unopened 1999 "Linux in a Nutshell",
>
> Usually I would say, "1999? Forget it", but Linux in a Nutshell may have
> aged gracefully, content-wise. BUT, newer editions are much expanded and
> better. Much of the old LiaN you will care little about. groff?
>
>> and an unopened hardcover
>> "Linix Companion for System Administrators". Looks like time to open the
>> latter!
>
> From when is that? If older than 2 or 3 years, forget that too. Sooo
> much has changed, udev, dbus, HAL, all the security tools like apparmor,
> SELinux, etc. And the desktop environments even more. I believe
> GNU/Linux moves swifter than any other mainstream OS.

Also, 1999. "Sooo much has changed...." That's what I've been saying!! ;-)

I just uncovered "Linux Admin Handbook, 2nd Ed", Evi Nemeth and others.
2007!!! :-)