simple backup

Tim M southern.tim at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 12:48:02 UTC 2007

On 10/5/07, Chaitanya Chalasani <chaitu at chaituonline.com> wrote:

> > > Simple Backup is quite a good tool. I am using it for my daily
> > > incremental backups and once in a fortnight full backup. There might be
> > > issue with the /remote/dir write permission for the user server. check if
> > > the owner or the group has the write permission for the dir.
> >

> > The command to change the permission would be:
> > chown -R root:users /remote/dir
> > chmod  -R ug+rwx,o+rx-w /remote/dir
> > I am not sure what I am doing but is this what I need to do to change
> > permission?
> >
> > Tim
> >

> Thats right but make sure the user "server"(which you have been using for
> the simple backup) is the member of the group user.

I went to System/Administration/Users and Group to add server on the laptop,
but I am not sure I did it correctly because when I plugged in the ssh
information in Simple Backup I got the same error message. What command
lines to I use on the laptop to add "server" as a member and give it
permission?

Tim