System very unstable, it seems to freeze

Thomas Fleer ThomasFleer at web.de
Thu Oct 4 19:51:54 UTC 2007

Hello,

I just installed Ubuntu 7.04 on my computer (AMD Athlon XP1800+), but I am not very satisfied... The system hangs very often, for example while using Firefox (the same actions work perfect with Windows XP). It seems to freeze, I cannot close firefox then and I am unable to open or switch to other tasks. I updated the kernel and many other programs, but the problem still remains. What can I do?

Thanks for your help
Thomas