Apple hardware and ubuntu 7.10?

Craig Maloney craig at decafbad.net
Thu Oct 4 14:26:55 UTC 2007

> I haven't been able to figure out from the HardwareSupport wiki page if
> Apples wireless Mighty Mouse and Apples wireless alu keyboard works
> under Ubuntu. Also I haven't understood if the Macmini Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz
> (that apple released in august this year) is supported?

I'm running a Mac keyboard (wired), and have run several versions of Mac
keyboards on my Ubuntu setup at home. They've pretty much worked right out
of the box, with some notable quirks:

1) The Alt key is mapped to the "Alt" key on the keyboard, not the Command
/ Cloverleaf / Open Apple key. The Open Apple / Cloverleaf key is mapped
to the "Windows" key under the PC-105 layout. (You can change this under
GNOME with little difficulty).

2) The media keys on the older white keyboards worked fine. On the new
keyboards, they're right on the function keys. You'd have to remap them if
you so choose.

3) I haven't personally used the mighty mouse, but would imagine it "just
works" under Ubuntu. Not entirely sure about what signals the trackball on
the top would send, but if it sends button4 and button5, then it should be
just fine.

Hope this helps!
  Craig Maloney  (craig at decafbad.net)        http://decafbad.net
    Work Hard.  Rock Hard.  Eat Hard.  Sleep Hard.  Grow Big.
    Wear Glasses If You Need 'Em.  -- The Webb Wilder Credo