HP Storageworks Ultrium 448 SAS Tape Drive, linux compatible?

Andreas andreas at tiddelipom.com
Thu Oct 4 11:59:52 UTC 2007

Hi,
I'm in the way of getting a new backup server to the office. My supplier
suggested the HP Storageworks Ultrium 448 internal tape drive. When
looking at the specs it looks really nice. The supported OS states
"Microsoft Windows, Novell NetWare, HP-UX, Red Hat Linux, United Linux,
IBM-AIX, Sun Solaris and other operating systems.", which indicates that
the controller card and the tape drive is linux compatible.

I just want to confirm this, has anyone used this setup on an Ubuntu
server machine? And was it working well?

BR
Andy