issue with viewing apps in full-screen with F11

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 20:28:58 UTC 2007

On 03/10/2007, Felipe Figueiredo <philsf79 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> in my home computer, when I press F11 to view the window in
> full-screen, the window itself is maximized and the title bar is
> hidden, as expected, but not the menus bar (with File, Edit, etc...).
> Usually when the app has a full-screen option (for example, evince),
> and I use it, instead of F11, it hides the menu bar. In this case, if
> I press F11 to deactivate, the menu bar (and only this bar) remain
> hidden.
>
> This is not proper behaviour, as it doesn't happen in my work box, and
> another box I tried. In both I'm using Feisty.
>
> I'd like to restore the default behaviour of hiding/un-hiding the menu
> bar with F11, without loosing every other setting I configured in the
> last months I've been using gnome (i.e., not removing the ~/.gnome*
> dirs).

F11 toggles full-screen mode in Firefox and AFAIK /only/ in Firefox.
It sounds like it's doing exactly what it's meant to.

Why F11? Because that's the key that IE on Windows used. They're just
sticking to the established standard. Why MS chose F11, I have no
idea.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com
AOL/AIM/iChat: liamproven at aol.com • MSN/Messenger: lproven at hotmail.com
Yahoo: liamproven at yahoo.co.uk • Skype: liamproven • ICQ: 73187508