Docbook XML 4.5 on Fiesty (and other DocBook questions)

Andrew McFarland aamcfarland at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 13:00:46 UTC 2007

Hi,

I need some pointers about working with DocBook on Ubuntu. Not sure if
this is an Ubuntu issue or a Debian issue.

I'm running Fiesty. I have the latest version of the docbook-xml
package, which has the 4.4 XML DTD, but not the 4.5. I have to work
with some 4.5 documents, and I'd like to add the 4.5 DTDs to my
catalog. What is the best way to do this?

I also need to add some custom entries to my XML catalog. Should I
just do it using update-xmlcatalog, or is there a more elegant way?

Andrew
--
We can't change the past, but each of us, by challenging prejudice and
intolerance, can help to change the future.