default /etc/network/interfaces

Peter Spotts pspotts at alum.mit.edu
Mon Oct 1 23:19:36 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-02 at 01:02 +0200, Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:
> Hi,
> What is the default "interfaces" content, in xubuntu, in order to
> restore it?
> Because I've put the mess in it.
> I would like it to be compliant with the graphical "network manager" in
> xubuntu.
>
> PS: what is the "network manager" in xubuntu? I mean the name of the
> package...

Last question first: network-admin and it should be in /usr/bin

As for the first question, I've nuked my interfaces file a couple of
times. The easiest thing I've found is to eliminate the file or rename
it interfaces-nuked and use the network-admin program to start afresh.
It will set up a fresh "interfaces" file as you use it.

With best regards,

Pete
--
Peter N. Spotts | Science reporter
The Christian Science Monitor

"The knack of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
            -- Douglas Adams, "A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"