G965 blacklisted

Luca Dionisi luca.dionisi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 22:13:17 UTC 2007

I've got a intel video chipset.
I've noticed a while ago that video payback in a composited desktop
with 3D enabled in my card was not functioning (crashed).

Nevertheless, I don't think that this card has to be blacklisted.
I think it is one of the best-working card to what concerns 3D
acceleration.

A possible solution to playback is X11 (or videogl or something IIRC)
instead ov Xvideo.

Blacklisting the card, IMHO, is a _bad_ move. I think that lots of people
who bought a intel card and give a try to gutsy with the live-cd, could
be discouraged.

Up to now, intel is still the best choice for video support for those
who want a desktop and don't care about games.
Please reconsider before the final release.

--Luca