Evolution NNTP - limit messages

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 1 01:58:57 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-09-30 at 14:17 +0200, Mihamina (R12y) Rakotomandimby wrote:
> NoOp wrote:
> > When subscribing to a new nntp newsgroup, for example news.gmane.org +
> > gmane.linux.ubuntu.user Evolution seems to download very single message
> > for the group on the server. This obviously takes forever when
> > subscribing to a new group.
>
> Is the NNTP feature of Evo really maintained _and_ usable at the moment?
> My thought is the feature has been coded by a non mainline developper,
> and they dont maintain it....
> It's really frustrating for me, but I have not enough level to code it
> otherwise I would have done...

Well the reading part seems to work... now we'll see if the sending part
works.

Seems like once you download the full boat of msgs on a server group it
goes a bit faster afterwards. Problem is that you'd never be able to do
that on dialup for most of these lists. Found a bug report over on gnome
regarding this issue & the Evo folks came back and said that it was a
feature request instead.