vmware-server 2

Thilo Six T.Six at gmx.de
Fri Nov 30 23:23:14 UTC 2007

John Dangler wrote the following on 30.11.2007 22:08

<<-snip->>

>> $ grep net-pf-10  /etc/modprobe.d/aliases
>> #alias net-pf-10 ipv6
> Right now in aliases, this line is not commented out

i have it here

>> $ grep net-pf-10  /etc/modprobe.d/local-modprobe-aliases
>> alias net-pf-10 off
> I don't have this file. Did you create this file here and put that entry
> in it?

yes

>> If i "only"
> Not sure what you mean by this...

well there is a saying that you don´t have to create that additional file
/etc/modprobe.d/local-modprobe-aliases with
alias net-pf-10 off

instead just change

alias net-pf-10 ipv6
alias net-pf-10 off
in
/etc/modprobe.d/aliases

but as i said that hasn´t worked for me when i tested it (back in dapper or
s.th.) whereas the aboce has allways worked.

bye
--
Thilo

key: 0x4A411E09