Ubuntu on Acer Aspire 4520 (AMD Turion 64)

SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux i-ubux at synass.net
Fri Nov 30 23:13:17 UTC 2007

Hello Acer / Ubuntu Experts
Last night we tried 2 times this Ubuntu Installation
with the 64bit AMD/Intel Ubuntu 7.10 Alternative version !!

Both times the installation process went quite smooth but
restarting the system it comes with some curious messages:

--------
It shows Grub 1.5 with (Esc) to enter menue ...
--------
Kernel alive / direct mapping table ...
--------
plus 3 lines of PCI cannot allocate bridge ...
--------
Then comes the Ubuntu logo with the loading bar !
Just 2 mm and after taking a loong time it shows:
--------
Busybox v1.1.3 (Debian 1:1.1.3-5Ubuntu7) Built-in-shell (ash)
Enter "help" for a list of built-in commands.

(initramfs) _
--------

Both are we newbies and wonder what has gone wrong or
what we may had made wrong !? ;-|

Your advices and hints are hot awaited. ;-)

Cheers, svobi

PS: My installation with an IBM TP T30 did not bring all this ...
... except the lines with the PCI ... cannot allocate resource
bridge ...

???

PSPS - Somewhat curious too:
Partition Magic 8 plus DFSee cannot deal with this system's HDD !!
PM gets problem with the mouse and stays ...
... DFSee boots and mentions NO HDD !!!

???