Peter Garrett

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Fri Nov 30 12:56:45 UTC 2007

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 12:48:52 +0100
Oliver Grawert <ogra at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> hi,
> On Fr, 2007-11-30 at 16:20 +1100, Peter Garrett wrote:
> > On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 14:35:50 -0400
> > Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca> wrote:

> > > No posts from Peter for almost a week.  This hot off the press:
> > >
> > > http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2007/11/29/garrett-australia.htm
> > >
> > > Coincidence?
> > >
> > > Australia's gain is our loss it seems.
> >
> > I just had a look in the mirror - I seem to have shrunk about a foot, and
> > grown hair.
> >
> > There must have been a *BIG* change in this country
>
> how about going for the secretary of commerce position then, you could
> bring ubuntu into the government *and* start a peter garret cabal
> (replace all governmental guys by peter garrets, so people only have to
> remember one name for all the ministers ;) )

Too late - everyone in Australia is already called "Bruce"  ;p
Obligatory Monty Python reference:

http://www.themadmusicarchive.com/song_details.aspx?SongID=17484

[ Errata: the correct spelling is "Woolloomooloo", and "Digidivians" should
be "digger deviants"... People are *so* ignorant about Australian
culture... *sigh*   ;-P ]

Peter

--
"INX Is Not X" based on Ubuntu 7.04 Live CD: http://inx.maincontent.net