screen flickers after switching back from terminal to gdm

Bram Kuijper a.l.w.kuijper at rug.nl
Thu Nov 29 08:39:36 UTC 2007

Hi all,

thanks for the hint on sudo vbetool post, but when I executed this
command in the tty1 terminal, this also did not help to prevent the
flickering. I tried sudo vbetool post and then sudo /etc/init.d/gdm
restart, but this still leaves me with a flickering screen when gdm
boots up after restart.

what should I do to find out how this flickering screen is caused? Has
anyone any pointers to diagnostic tools I could use to find out what is
the problem?

thanks in advance,
Bram