Help - complete Linux newbie

Hal Davis lawyer07 at CivDiv.com
Thu Nov 29 04:23:35 UTC 2007

Read the PCMag article on Linux, and decided to download Ubuntu, because
they said it was good for newbies, and it came with a reliable partition
utility so I could make my laptop into a dual-boot device.

Completed the 20-minute download, and I now have a 700 MB .iso file on
my Windows desktop. Trouble is, I try double-clicking on the file and
nothing happens. I get a message about an external file needing to be
opened, and I tell it, sure, whatever, and nothing happens.

How do I make the magic happen?

Hal Davis