Upgrade Open Office to 2.3?

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 28 16:13:18 UTC 2007

On 11/27/2007 09:47 PM, Dotan Cohen wrote:

>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openoffice.org2-amd64/+bug/24107
>
> Maybe relevant to an older version: the option (and related file) do
> not exist in my OOo install.

You did read:
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openoffice.org2-amd64/+bug/24107/comments/2>
<quote>
please disable the checkbox "Use
OpenOffice.org Dialogs" in Tools/Options/OpenOffice.org/General
the interaction with the Standard OOo dialogs is considerd more stable.
</quote>
right?

If I do that on my system, OOo uses my system file selector. If I want
to view hidden files/directories I right-click within the file box and I
am offered a box to tick to show hidden files. Further, that allows me
to view linked samba shares etc.

Give it a try.

Gary