Installing Ubuntu from floppy disk?

Robert Hodgins ehodgins at telusplanet.net
Wed Nov 28 04:25:00 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-27-11 at 16:25 -0500, Ashley Benton wrote:
> OK, thank you.
> I'll just use it to learn the DOS if I have the time later and it's
> still working. I will check to see if I can find an used computer new
> enough to install Ubuntu on it.
> meg

Staying with DOS on that machine is a good idea (in my opinion anyway).
And there is a lot of DOS freeware out there.

This link (http://www.freedos.org/) is a site that has been working for
some time to produce a free version of DOS. It should work on your
computer in case you want to "upgrade" your DOS.

This link (http://gem.shaneland.co.uk/ ) is a site where you can
download a graphical environment for your DOS computer (it is free).

Googling for DOS freeware or DOS opensource software should let you find
other programs that you could run on that machine.

One link to look at is http://www.opus.co.tt/dave/apps.htm