MAC security (Re: Question about Wireless)

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Tue Nov 27 20:36:00 UTC 2007

Miano, Steven M. wrote:

Please learn to quote...  You're including huge amounts of non-message.

> If you are a citizen of the United States its: "Innocent until proven
> Guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt."

Best joke I've heard this year!!!  Ask OJ about that.

> In criminal court,

Well, if it gets there.  But if we're talking "theft of service", any
proceeding would almost certainly take place in a civil court.  Worse, what
if some jihadi is using your connection (highly unlikely, I admit) - then
you lose _all_ your rights.  If you're lucky, you'll only lose your
computers for a few months.

> so good on the
> people that are using WPA-PSK, or other more secure variants of it,
> however I leave my car doors unlocked, and my windows open when I leave
> for work everyday.

As do I (well maybe not the windows - it's usually raining), but I don't
leave the keys in it.
--
derek